Anybody seen the Charlie Brown Christmas special yet? Well, regardless, I know you'll probably see it sometime this season. When you do, I want you to really think about what that "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" looks like and then imagine it without the sparse ornaments and Linus' blanket and the soft glow. THAT was our first tree.
I am a Mommy Mouse with grand grand ideas. Unfortunately, I am first just a Mommy Mouse so the kids and the housework take precedence to my grand ideas, but I still have them nonetheless. I've always had grand ideas but just lack the followthrough and the gumption to get them done. Which is why we ended up with a 9 foot Christmas tree the first year we were married. Did I mention we only had about 14 ornaments?
I do not want this to happen to my little mice so DM and I have started a tradition where we buy our mice an ornament each year. (I won't lie, we didn't do it last year so we got BigM 2 this year. Please don't tell her. In my defense, I was so sick from being pregnant with LM that the holidays passed and I don't think I noticed. Even with pictures I'm not positive they even happened at all.) This year, we have invited our extended families to participate in the ornament bestowing, so hopefully when my little mice have left the mouse nest (gulp!) and start their own little mouse families, they will be able to decorate their trees with something other than curling ribbon and pinecones they found in the backyard.

4 comments:
My auntie sent us ornaments every year with the idea that when we left home, we would take them with us. Then we turned 18 and moved out and my mom wouldn't give them to us, she said she would miss them on her tree, lol!!! My mom and auntie both continued to give us ornaments after we left home, and I have the ornaments from my grandma's tree, thank goodness. We're starting the ornament tradition with Talia this year as well!
What a fantastic idea!
And I won't tell Big Mouse
Jac- I misssssssssss you
My sister has sent the kids an ornament every year. So you would THINK that means that they would have all of them, right? Well, unfortunately, ornaments break, trees fall, kids play with everything---therefore, my sister would be SOOOO ticked to see that we really don't have all of those ornaments any more. My oldest, who should have at least 17 by now, has MAYBE five of them left. :(
But we had decided to put them up every year to celebrate. Celebrate we did!
Word of advice: Remember to mark the box or ornament somehow so you remember whose is whose.
Post a Comment