10.17.2009

Now you see me...

Last night marked the first official slumber party at Lolli and Pop's for both of my little mice. BigM was so excited about it that she asked me if they could go on over right after breakfast. It's safe to say LM wasn't quite as excited.

In general, I'm pretty strict about their bedtimes and the mice are usually in bed, asleep by 7:3o at the very latest. (This comes from BigM not napping at all and LM being the type of person who requires a lot of sleep) but since the beginning of time, when BigM stays at L&P's they let her stay up late. I don't mind, most of the time. Aren't grandparents supposed to break all the rules?

Last time BigM stayed with Lolli, Lolli didn't realize one must make her sit on the potty immediately before bed, or someone is going to be changing sheets in the middle of the night.

So, having learned from past experience, last night Lolli encouraged BigM to go potty right before bed. BigM (in typical BigM fashion) said, "I don't need to go. I don't want to go." (At which point I usually say, "Okay. You don't have to go, but please go sit on the potty and try. If you don't go, that's fine, but if you don't at least try, you'll probably wet the bed." And BigM always always goes potty after my little speech.) Pop intervened and took a different approach.

"If you go potty, I'll give you a bite of my ice cream with some chocolate syrup."

And BigM said, "Even if my mommy and daddy can't see me, God still can."

I'm kind of glad she views sweets as a sin. This will help me explain why she can't have brownies for breakfast when she's older.

(And just so you know, after they laughed, they explained that sugar isn't the devil- despite what I've indoctrinated her with- and Mommy and Daddy wouldn't mind if she had a bite of ice cream. BigM pottied and got her ice cream- everyone wins!)

2 comments:

Jaclyn and Devan Swallom said...

Suger is evil! evil! EVILLL!

T Mc Q said...

I wish someone could convince me sugar = sinning.