11.10.2009

Going to the Chapel...

I had the most fun conversation with one of my BFFs today. She called me to tell me that her youngest little boy wants to marry my oldest little girl.

We have loosely joked since they were babies about how cool it would to be in-laws together (we were pregnant with them at the same time- for about 3 weeks anyway.) We lived here before DM was in Dental School and BFF(#1) got pregnant with her oldest, then our BFF(#2) got pregnant, then BFF(#1) got pregnant again (with my future son-in-law) and I found out I was pregnant with BigM on my lil bro's birthday- which is 5 days before FSIL made his debut! (And I was counting on BFF(#2) to continue the streak but it paused with BigM.) So we all have our own little set of stair step children. I have to admit, I'm very thankful they are not all mine, but I do love them like they are. (Of course LM came almost exactly 2 years later and BFF(#2) joined the "Two Kids Club" back in August- so we are starting another set of stair steps again.)

FSIL said something to the effect of: "I like those girls that live with Mommy Mouse. And I really like the bigger one. I think I'd like to marry her."

BFF(#1) told FSIL that he would have a lot of friends, girls and boys, and sometimes when friends get older, they realize that they love each other and they can get married! I am so excited, we were practically planning the wedding on the phone this afternoon.

And wouldn't you know it, BigM took off her tutu and slipped it over her head- and it looked just like a wedding veil. Coincidence? I think not! I'm only writing this because #1 it makes me absolutely giddy to think that we may get to skip all that ridiculous dating business in high school and #2 if it really truly does actually happen, we will be able to say they wanted to get married when they were 3 and 4 years old. You know, for posterity and all that.

And I kind of like to say "I told you so."

And to those whose sons are included in the "Appropriate Matches for My Mice" list- don't worry, we didn't sign a contract or anything... and you still have a chance with LM.

No comments: