1.09.2010

Sweet Victory

Last night LM and I played the funnest game ever. We were checking our way down the Bedtime Routine list and after "put on pjs" but before "read story" we were snuggling in her chair. I know it's probably not the wisest idea to rile one's child directly before bed, but DM and I take turns every night making her laugh.

Lately, she has been practicing for her teen years and will quickly and sharply bark, "Mom" and when I look at her she just about dies laughing. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

So we were just cuddling and she looks up at me and, not unlike a drill seargent, shouts, "Mom." I look down at her and I reply, "Yes?" (insert laughter) and then she whispers a few syllables that are definitely not in English, so I reply, "What?"

That's when she about fell out of my lap she was laughing so hard. We did this at least 10 times. Then, out of the blue, she starts swinging her arms, laughing and saying, "dee-it." I knew exactly what this was all about, so I started singing, "We did it, we did it, we did it, yeah!" Of course BigM heard me so she ran in and they danced and sang together.

Yep. My 18 month old can dance on command to the Victory song that Dora and Boots preform at the end of every single show.

I'm not sure if I'm proud of that. And I certainly shouldn't encourage it.

No comments: