Our library puts on a program of sorts every Wednesday, and today was the first time this summer we've been able to go. Today was "Reptiles with Jason" where this man brought a bunch of snakes and a baby alligator to show all the kids.
Jason's real job is "Reptile Rescuer" and he goes all over the state rescuing reptiles from the people who are scared to death of them. (Aka, "Oh my goodness, I have a snake on my front porch, what do I do?!?!?!?!) So he was telling the kids about how he rescued a baby alligator (holding said baby alligator) and he then he began telling the story of how he rescued an 8' alligator from downtown of the state capitol... and it weighed 300 lbs.
I whispered to BigM, "Can you believe he rescued a three hundred pound alligator?!?!?!" and BigM's eyes got as big as saucers and she whispered back, "THREE HUNDRED POUNDS? That's almost as much as you weigh, Mama."
Uh...........

2 comments:
Haha gotta love little ones thoughts!!!
Once when I was little, I wrote a book and I definitely said my mom weight like 40-60 pounds or so in the book.
Post a Comment