I love the fact that BigM enjoys fishing with her daddy. We have a pond behind our house and they go out together maybe twice a month- but BigM just loves spending that time with DM. Yesterday was "fishin day" and they had a blast. BigM said, "I so 'cited, Daddy," and DM said it made his day. It would have made mine too.
So after it was all said and done, BigM came running inside with something in her hand... yelling, "Wook Mommy, I haf a wizard!" Not being an animal person, I look at DM completely alarmed until I realize he has given her some bait that only *looks* like a lizard (thank goodness.) While I'm fixin supper (even though I am in the deep south, that is the only appropriate use of the word fixin'- I don't think I've ever been "fixin'" to do anything) BigM is tending to her wizard: "Tome on, wizard, you need to eat supper."
And, "I need to give you a bahff, wizard."
Or (my personal favorite,) "Want to sweep in my bed, wizard?"
Um, no, there will be no wizard sleeping in anyone's bed, real or pretend. Mr. Wizard spent the night on the bookshelf.

1 comment:
Have to give you a bahff wizard ROFL. Love Big Mouse
Post a Comment