11.16.2008

Seeing Red

My husband said it best, "If you had asked me 2 years ago if I would ever go to a Wiggles concert, I would have said no and heck no." (Well, that's not exactly what he said but this is a G-rated blog.) Yes, we did it. We took BigM (and LM) to see the Wiggles yesterday. All I have to say is, "Wow."

Some highlights from the show:
1. Anthony (the blue Wiggle) got stuck in an accidental split.
2. Jeff fell asleep (anyone surprised?)
3. LM fell asleep (again, anyone surprised?)
4. Captain Feathersword sang an impromptu song about "biscuits, gravy and grits" with Little Miss Muppet that made him laugh so hard he barely sang the song.
5. Greg (the yellow Wiggle) is now Sam (the new? yellow Wiggle)
6. "J.T.," who sat three rows behind us made a sign that Murray (the red Wiggle) could not read from the stage (and I'm not surprised, our seats were so high up that I was getting lightheaded) so he made his way up to our seats so he could read it. Women, men and children practically stampeded each other just to get near him, touch him or take a picture of him. I kept waiting for some mom to take off her bra and throw it to him. Our BigM was not exactly impressed by his close proximity. I was proud. He's just a guy, he puts on his red striped pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us, and according to BigM, "He sweating a wot, Mama." (She considered Dorothy the Dinosaur and the "big red car" much more impressive.)

All in all, we had a great time and I can now say I've eaten "Fruit Salad" and "Hot Potatoed" with the Wiggles- and not just in my living room in my pjs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because only four people entered my contest I decided that all four of you will get a set of my cards!!!! :) Please email me with the four designs that you want.

Madge said...

Oh my. Wiggles? They are too much. I can handle a purple dinosaur--not the Wiggles.
Despite the fact you are quite twisted, I am giving you an award for your blog. Come by mine and pick it up if you'd like!