9.24.2009

Fish-sticks.

You know those parents who do their kid's homework? I am so not one of those parents, although if I wasn't me, I would assume I was that kind of mom. (And I'm not even sure that makes sense!) But guess what, I'm not.

BigM is actually only in preschool, so her "homework" assignments have been to bring in a picture of something. The first time, her homework was to bring in pictures of herself. Well, yes, I forgot so on the morning of, I was sitting outside of DM's office, painstakingly clipping words that described BigM out of a magazine. Thank goodness he has a waiting room with two copies of People!

Her homework for today's project was to bring in a picture of her pets, or the pet she would like to have. I knew for certain we don't have one (as if this is news to you!) so I last night I was going to try and find a picture of a fish in a magazine. I forgot again, but luckily I remembered this morning. So I was running around in our basement, looking for an old magazine while talking on the phone with my walking buddy (who was telling me she couldn't walk this morning, which suited me just fine... I overslept and was running really late. Thanks for sleeping in, Alarm Clock- aka LM!) I was describing my dilemma when she asked if I had a package of Goldfish snack crackers. JACKPOT!

Brand new pack! So I cut out a couple of pictures from the package and sent BigM with a bag full of fishies to share with her friends. Am I am awesome mom or what? (Or more accurately, is my friend an awesome mom and am I an awesome copy-cat or what?)

So here's BigM's description of her pet:

My Pet's name is: Dorothy
She/he likes to eat: purple seeds
She/he likes to play: with her other fish friends. She's friends with Gilbert, Twhita and Sarsa
If she/he could talk, she/he would say: nothing because she is paper
I love my pet because: he loves me

Classic BigM, I tell ya. And I have no idea who Twhita and Sarsa are nor have I ever heard those names come out of her mouth.

No comments: