12.14.2009

Sweet Lil Baby...

So... BigM has a yucky cough, no fever- she's not on her death bed or anything but she did wake up around 4:26 this morning to tell me she was coughing and her throat hurt (and she had to potty.) I went to get the Tussin and as I read the directions on the back, I felt a mix of guilt and rebellion as I was going to give it to her- despite the warning: Children under 4- do not use.

I stood there for a good minute debating with myself- am I a good mom for giving her a half dose of cough medicine that will make her feel better or am I just being a dare devil- she is much too young and her precious little body doesn't need those harsh medications. Good mom, bad mom, good mom, bad mom...

THEN I realized I was debating in my head about my two year old, who is actually not two, but in all reality is 3 3/4, which in my book means she might as well be four, making said debate absolutely pointless.

So not only am I living in the past, I'm also not a rebel like I was hoping.

And apparently that four year old is really a fifteen year old, because she slept until 10:15 this morning. I'm so not ready for her to be a teenager yet.

No comments: