4.19.2010

It Takes Two

I have been looking for the 18 months/2T spring clothes in our house for the last three weeks. It has taken me a full 21 days to finally find them all space-bagged up with the other baby clothes that had been sorted and stored. (Unfortunately, now I only have 0-9 months sorted and stored after unearthing the clothes that will actually fit LM.) I believe they were in the attic space because I didn't even think she would wear them, I guess I assumed that she would not get to be in 18m spring clothes since she's so little (yes, most of the time I have her in 12 months stuff. Okay, I've actually been trying to make do with some winter stuff because like I said, I couldn't find that bag until just now.)

Thankfully, one of my very favorite friends gave us beau coups of 2T girls clothes, with a smattering of 18 months thrown in there, because I discovered tonight as I painstakingly pulled the clothes out of the bag that BigM did, indeed, skip 18 months spring clothes. They are all a little big, but not big enough to justify buying her a brand new wardrobe. So after a little laundry, LM will no longer be wearing cropped pants and long t-shirts with the sleeves pushed up when it's 80 degrees out.

Which brings me to the point of this post. I have never felt all sad and nostalgic seeing LM in BigM's hand-me-downs, but I was just all torn up inside as I put all the clothes that BigM wore around the time LM was born in the hamper to wash. Seeing those clothes brought me back to a time when we were just a family of three- and then watching BigM adjust as a big sister. There is something magical about Age Two and I'm just positive I'm not exactly ready to do it all over again.

I can't wait.

1 comment:

T Mc Q said...

Cropped pants and long t-shirts with the sleeves pushed up ARE summer clothes where we are. Sigh.