2.04.2011

Once Upon a Dream, Part Deux

A few nights ago, BigM woke in the middle of the night because she had a nightmare.

I ran up the stairs to comfort her, because that's what moms do. (I also ran up there quickly to comfort her so she wouldn't wake her sister up.)

I was lying in the bed with her all snuggled up next to me and I whispered, "Do you want to tell me what happened in your nightmare?"

She began to tell the tale.

"I was standing with my magic wand, and T was helping me kill all the bogs and one jumped on me, and Daddy grabbed it off of me and he saved me."

{heart melting} "He did? Don't you feel so safe knowing that Daddy will protect you even in your dreams?"

"Yeah, he used a really mean voice and he yelled, 'GET OFF OF HER!' and he saved me."

He is the most awesome Daddy ever.

She fell back asleep almost instantly, so I headed back to my bed. I almost woke DM to tell him he's a hero, but I didn't because I am the most awesome wife ever.