


Close your windows, lock your doors, the Apocolypse is coming. Seriously, stand back. Lightning is about to strike.I've been telling LM for a few weeks now that when she turns three (which won't be until June), she won't be able to sleep with her paci anymore. She has fought me to the core, telling me, "My need it. My WILL sleep wif my paci." Sometimes, she'll wake around 4 and cry out, and I'll have to get my lazy tail out of my cozy bed and trek upstairs because she can't find the dang thing. It's almost always between the mattress and the bedrail, thankfully. Once it's securely in her mouth, she goes back to bed while I'm left to lie there wide awake until the alarm goes off.
Tonight after brushing teeth and before story, I was looking for it and it was nowhere to be found. She knows it must stay in her bed, and the only time she's allowed to have it is when she's sleeping. I asked her where it was and she said matter-a-factly, "My not need my paci. My big girl. My not sleep wif dat anymore."
Say what?
Seriously? You're going to go to bed without your paci?
"My big girl. My not need it. Tomorrow, we get dem all and wrap them up for the baby." (I've been telling her that the "baby" needs the pacis. Now I have to find a baby she can give them to, preferably a girl since most of them are pink. No, the baby in question is not currently residing in my uterus.)
I told her if she really slept the whole night without it, she could have marshmallows for breakfast. (I really said that. And I really meant it. If she'll give up her paci, she can have a pony. And I might even let her wear her princess dress to school. Don't tell her I said that.)
I gave hugs and kisses to my best girls, turned out the light, tucked them in and walked downstairs. It's been over 3 hours and I haven't heard a peep out of either of them.
I should probably write a book on how I got her to give up her paci so easily. I'd be a bazillionaire. Now I just have to figure out what I did.

2 comments:
How did it go???
Way to go, LM! Adam and I stopped and ate at your Chick-fil-A on Thursday on our way to an interview. We would have called you if we hadn't been in a hurry to get through the "big city" before the traffic got nuts. Maybe next time!
Post a Comment