Obviously, my two mice didn't magically appear out of nowhere.
They do have a father, and I am married to him and we are just the perfect little textbook all-American couple. All we are missing is the picket fence in our front yard, mostly because we don't own the house we are currently living in. (We do own a house that does have a white picket fence in the front yard... sorry... as you will learn if you follow this blog, I tend to digress, a lot.)
I met Daddy Mouse on a blind date. This is the kind of story people write books about (another dream of mine, to write a novel. BTW, you're reading the first draft.) Okay, try to follow this. My best friend (BFF) from high school attended my rival college and she is now married to DM (Daddy Mouse)'s best friend from college. My college was playing a huge away game, but being a responsible student and having a lot of schoolwork due at the beginning of the week, I called BFF and asked if I could come visit her instead of going to the game with all my sorority sisters. The one stipulation was she set me up with one of her boyfriend's friends because from previous experience, I did not want to be the third wheel, again. She immediately said, "I know exactly who I'm going to set you up with, but don't worry he's not your type." Thank goodness, I had just ended a no-where relationship and wanted nothing to do with guys. In this case, I just wanted someone to talk to other than the two love birds.
DM was handsome enough, he was a nice guy and we had a lot to talk about. We both went into it thinking nothing would come out of the date so that made it a lot easier, I imagine. But I knew on that date I was going to marry him. I'm sure now you're wondering why I thought I was Madam Cleo all of the sudden. After the game, we were in the fraternity house with BFF and BFF's BF and we all decided to watch a movie. I'm notorious for falling asleep during movies before the opening credits are over. True to form, I was asleep within the first 10 minutes. And because I thought I'd never see DM again I did something I would never do under normal circumstances. I fell asleep with my head on his shoulder- how very forward of me! (You would agree if you knew me better.) So the movie ends, I sit up and so does DM. He has been leaning on a wooden post and there is a 5 inch nail sticking out of it. They say with true love, you just know, and at that moment, I just knew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love you stories! they are so much fun :D
Good thing he wasn't your type! :-D
I met my man on a blind date and "knew" I wouldn't be interested in him either. HA! Close to nineteen years and nine children later......LOL!
Post a Comment