11.30.2010

Read all about it!

Tonight before bed, BigM was trying to do anything to avoid going to sleep, so she grabbed this book (pic to follow, camera battery is dead) and no kidding, she read me the entire thing. It only makes sense that the first book she read from start to finish was about Dora, since she is mildly obsessed with Dora.

And just because you can't see inside this book, I'm going to copy it here. Cause I know you're just dying with anticipation, and I'm pretty sure it's not illegal. I'm not claiming I wrote it or anything.

Hi! I am Dora.
Do you like surprises?
Then follow me!
Hop across the rocks!
Hop! Hop! Hop!
Splash in the water!
Just like me!
Row across the lake!
Row! Row! Row!
Slide down the hill!
Just like me!
Are we there yet?
Not yet!
Swing on the vines!
Swing! Swing! Swing!
Jump over the logs!
Just like me!
Here we are!
Guess what we see!
An ice-cream party!
Yummy!
We did it!

Dora likes a well placed exclamation point just as much as I do. I'd like to claim that I taught her to read (along with the help of Ms. Mary Lynn & Ms. Emily, or course) but most of the credit should go to www.starfall.com- that is an awesome website and if you have a reader, or a soon-to-be-reader, obviously it works pretty well.

What was your favorite part? I liked that part too.

No comments: