2.09.2009

Call Me

I'm not really good at keeping in touch with my friends. (Which is part of why I started this blog- and funnily enough, I haven't told most of my BFFs about it yet...) Oh and I'm not really good at keeping up with stuff I don't need, like my wallet or my cell phone. True story- when I was working (outside the home, of course) I couldn't find my purse for a few days, but I wasn't worried because I just assumed it was in my car. So a few more days go by and I still hadn't seen it, but I hadn't looked for it. (DM is a student, it's not like I ever get to buy anything.) So finally, about a week later, I get a phone call and the caller says, "Ms. Mouse, this is the manager at the local grocery store. We found your wallet here and I just wanted you to know it's been sitting here at the front desk for awhile now." That really happened, I didn't make that up.

So it shouldn't surprise you that I lose my cell phone every few days, for about a week. It happens all the time. Well, I've been looking for it for awhile now- I do try to keep better tabs on it now that I'm carting around the mice. It had been missing for a little over a week but I wasn't worried, I was positive I would find it in one of it's usual hiding places- under the chair in the playroom, behind the seat in my car or where ever BigM left it when she was playing with it.

I do laundry late at night, while the Mouse House is asleep. I started a load before bed last Thursday and we slept in big time and then we just got busy, so I kind of let it sit for a few hours. (Really, I *never* do that. First time, promise.) So I went ahead and restarted the washer and went to put the clothes in the dryer right after it stopped spinning. And wouldn't you know it, guess what was sitting in the bottom of the washer? My cell phone. So it got washed, not once, but twice. It's all shiny and clean and it turns on and everything. For awhile on Friday, it even worked! I called a few friends to test it out. And I called my mom. And all of the sudden, when I tried to call DM, I dialed "7" and without even trying I also dialed "9799#." And if that wasn't enough fun, every time I opened the phone, it called my mom. (She was in a doctor's appointment, so I know she was just thrilled to get called every 14 seconds.) I finally took the battery out and left it alone for the weekend. So now it turns on, but the buttons don't work.

I knew I shouldn't have done the laundry.

Oh and I probably don't have your number anymore so you better just go ahead and email it to me.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

SO familiar! I lose mine all the time! Hey, I see you still have my old blog on your list (country life adventures) I don't really post to that one anymore, check out my new one real-life-stuff.blogspot.com

Sarah from babyfit

Jeanne said...

So cute! I'm glad you refer to the eldest as BigM rather than BM, which people may confuse with bowel movement.