3.28.2009

It's Hip to be Square

Back to BigM being funny.

(Background.) DM has been living at the old house while we've (the little mice and I) been living at the new house. Single moms everywhere have got my vote for Moms of the Year. And BigM is having trouble adjusting to living in a new house, sleeping in a big girl bed, going to a new school, not using the potty (had to throw that in there) and not seeing her daddy on a regular basis.

Normally, I walk the girls to school (in my super cool BOB stroller, the one that I am going to dedicate an entire post to at some point) but last Tuesday, I had to run a few errands so I picked her up in the car. Her teacher started to put her in the carseat and BigM burst into hysterical tears screaming, "I WANNED DADDY TO PICK ME UP!" Her teacher smiled knowingly, but not having the above background info that you have, she tried to console my screaming child by saying, "My son likes his daddy to pick him up, too." BigM responded still screaming, "WE CAN'T BE A SQUARE WIFOUT DADDY. I WANNA BE A SQUARE." And being the genius mommy of the genius child (seriously, the ped confirmed it yesterday at LM's appointment- ok, well, her genius, not mine. He thinks I'm looney tunes...) I knew exactly what she meant. When our family of four is all together, we make the four sides of a square. (Why we aren't a rectangle, I'll never know.) She then goes on to tell me as huge alligator tears run down her face, "We're jus a triangul wifout daddy. I WANNA BE A SQUARE."

I'm just glad we're not an octagon.

No comments: