3.01.2009

The Final Countdown

So this is it. DM graduates in (check the link, okay?) days (but in case you don't feel like clicking on it, it's May 8th.) I don't think I announced it on the blog, but we ended up buying the newer, bigger house and we've spent the past few months moving our things, one car load at a time. (What a pain. Oh and I'd like to thank Sarah for the idea to put stickers on the useless Christmas cards, the only people who knew were the ones I told! They looked great!)

Tonight starts the official countdown to my move-in date, which is next Monday! I guess I'm "officially" moving in on Saturday, but on Sunday when DM leaves to come back to the (old?) Mouse House, the little mice and I won't be riding back with him. It will be very strange and sad to leave our current residence. (I have a long history with this house and I'll be leaving a huge part of my life behind.) It's very bittersweet and I'm sure at some point I'll sit down and write the whole story out, just so my mice will know about their first house. I brought them home from the hospital to this house, and that alone makes it a little sad for me to leave. Add in the history, and it becomes almost unbearable. I'm so thankful I have a new, exciting life ahead of me to keep me from being too sad. But these days, just about anything makes me weepy. Motherhood changes you in so many ways!

So, you saw it here first. In 7 days, the Mouse House will have a different address but I'm sure we'll have plenty of fun things to talk about. In fact, I can just about guarantee it.

1 comment:

Madge said...

I totally understand. When we moved from WI to MI, and walked away from the house that six of my children grew up in, it was so hard. It knew it wasn't like going on vacation and coming back--the house was sold, and it wasn't ours anymore! I couldn't just go back to it. That was hard. DH didn't seem to care, which was equally annoying.
I wish you all the blessings in the world that your transition will go well.