10.11.2008

Potty Talk

I honestly hope this is the last post I make about the potty. I'm getting a little tired of this subject, but this blog is suppsed to be about my little mice (the people kind, not the one hanging in my kitchen) and right now, BigM is much more interesting than LM. So she gets first billing- and this is what she did today.

Today was our first real attempt at potty training BigM. She woke me up saying, "Mommy, somfings wong" which is her new thing. Decoded, that means, "Mommy, I am going to make something up so you will come in here and play with me." But since it was 7:06, I knew we had to get moving if we were going to make our morning date with Greg, Anthony, Murray and Jeff. She surprised me by saying, "I want to twy my potty." Okay, here we go.

A few minutes in, I tee-tee on the big potty and lo and behold, she tee-tees on the little potty! (Sorry if that is TMI, but when you have kids, it's all over in the TMI dept. I promise not to discuss really gross things with you. If you're just learning that people tee-tee on potties, you need to be reading something more scientific than my blog.) So big girl panties it is, BigM!

So I plan to sit her on the potty every 30 mins. At 28:39, the first accident occurs. I'm not phased. So I plan to sit her on the potty every 20 mins. At 17:42, the second accident occurs. I'm still not phased. So I plan to sit her on the potty every 15 mins, we sit. Nothing. We get up. We sit again. Nothing. We get up. We sit again. Still nothing and now it's time for lunch (that sit/nothing/get up thing happened a few more times but I figured you get the idea.) My uncle stops by so I let BigM run around outside with Sassy in nothing but her panties and a t-shirt- call me a redneck if you want to. I stand by my decision, and I'm no dummy, if she's outside, she's not peeing on my floor. After a good 20 minutes, she comes back inside and I tell her she HAS to sit on the potty RIGHT NOW. She's game, so we go back and she sits. Hello, little poop! Oh, and I discover wet panties. She must have done that outside.

Diaper time, because it's Quiet time. But not for long. "Mommy, Daddy, I go poo-poo in my diaper (liar), I want to sit on my paaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhtttttttteeeeeeeeeeee." Fine. We're back to the every 15 minute deal. After still another accident, I tell her she can have a piece of candy if she goes tee-tee on her potty and send DM in search of said candy. (I have forgotten to mention she only has one more sticker to go to get an ice cream treat!) So DM comes back with M&Ms (aka NMMs.) We don't do fast food, we don't do candy, so this is a big deal. BigM gets her first taste of the m&ms and she is psyched! "Tan I haf anodder one?" I explain the deal, you have to tee-tee on the potty to get another piece of candy.

What do you know, that little sneak sits down, tee-tees like she's been doing it her whole life and says, "I'd wike my tandy now, Mommy." And of course she gets her sticker so we're off to get ice cream! With sprinkles and eyes. Yum, yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your stories Jac! I love them and they are a bright spot in my day (not that I don't have lots of them ;))