10.31.2008

Trick or Treat...

Happy Halloween! Or as I will forever remember it as "the day I found out I was pregnant with LM."

It must have been a trick. I didn't mean to get pregnant with her, but here we are one year later and she's sitting in my lap dressed up in her hand-me-down bumblebee costume (thanks, BigM!) chewing on whatever she can reach- my thumb, her hand, her sleeve; it's all up for grabs. Until she was born, I wasn't positive I could welcome her into our family as happily as I would have if we planned for her. But finding out I was unexpectedly pregnant when 2 dear friends of mine had been trying for years made me remember that every single child is a precious gift from God. And if He thought I was ready, who am I to question the Creator of the universe?

Yet she's such a treat. I could not imagine my life without her in it. As I am finding out, I don't really remember what life was like without children and now without my LM. I am sure I used to have a lot more free time, but what did I do with all of it? Waste it, I'm sure.

Yes, Little Mouse is the sweetest and best surprise I've ever gotten.

No comments: