6.19.2009

The Breakfast Club

BigM is apparently working on her stand-up routine.

This morning the entire Mouse Family got up to have a big family breakfast at Joe's- the breakfast hang out, where the majority of the patrons are 85 or older. (DM says this is going to become a Friday morning family tradition- but based on how the mice behaved today, MM says, "We'll see.")

Some of DM's friends meet for breakfast at Joe's on Friday mornings too, so BigM got to see some of our adult friends as well. After they were all seated, she loudly calls out, "Look, Mr. Todd is the same!" I remind her to use her quiet voice and ask her, "The same as what?" She repeats herself, even louder. "Look, Mr. Todd is the same!" I ask her again, "The same as what- or do you mean he is the same as the last time you saw him?" She clarifies, "No, he has the same hair as Daddy." And further points out (still very loudly), "And look, all dat man's hair fell out!" (We didn't leave then, although I kind of wanted to.)

A few minutes later, someone walked by wearing heavy cologne and she wrinkled her nose and said, "Wass dat smell?" I wasn't entirely positive she meant the cologne because the waitress had walked by with a tray at the same time, so I asked her if she smelled breakfast. "No," she said, "Is Adam here?" (Refering to the same Adam from DM's graduation card - as in, "We gotta get Adam to play.")

Someday you can say you knew her when she was a little mouse- when she's headlining at the Comedy Club.

No comments: