LM is the snuggliest baby ever. Ever.
However, she's going through a very clingy phase right now (which means she cries hysterically if I'm not holding her.) If I set her down, she will raise up on one knee and one foot and flail her arms, open her mouth, take the deepest breath possible- and hold it, and hold it, and hold it... seriously, a full minute goes by and her teeny little face is getting all red and the tears are streaming down her face- her mouth is wide open and you just know as soon as she takes another breath in she's going to wail. Very loudly. All because I need to go to the bathroom. And I even take her in there with me.
Anyway, when I am holding her (wait, when am I not holding her?) she will lay her little head on my shoulder for awhile, then lift up and grin up at me, as if to say, "Hi Mama, love ya!" then she lays her head back down for some more snuggles.
And she's been out of my (ok, our) bed for at least 5 months now, but every once in awhile (like this morning) I brought her in our room and she sat up for a minute or two, then nestled her little body into mine with her head resting on my arm. She wasn't sleeping, just snuggling. It was the sweetest thing.
BigM never did that. If put her in the bed with us at this age, she was crawling all over the place, looking for something to play with or begging us to play patty-cake or do numbers or recite Shakespere. She's still not snuggly to this day. I'd have to tie her down to get her to sit in my lap.
It makes for less sibling rivalry, though, I can hold LM and put together a puzzle with BigM at the same time and no one is jealous. I just have to figure out how to keep LM from eating the puzzle pieces.

1 comment:
I'm super jealous of all the snuggling!!! Talia fell asleep in her Grandma's arms last weekend, and I almost cried, she hasn't been snuggly with us at all since learning to sit on her own.
Post a Comment