6.05.2009

Circle Time

A few days ago, BigM was playing with her stuffed animals and she had them all lined up for circle time with her mini-Magnadoodle. Bear, Rabbit and Duck were all learning to write their names. I'll give you a synopsis of her running commentary, complete with gestures. Minus the italics, she said every single word. As if she were reading a story.

Hello, friends. It's circle time! Bear, it's your turn to write your name. Wait, Rabbit wants to go first. [Grabs pen and Rabbit's arm. BigM helps Rabbit draw a loooooong squiggle.] Very good, Rabbit. You wrote your name! "I have a long name, " said Rabbit. "I want a turn," said Bear. "I have a short name." [BigM erases Rabbit's name from the mini-Magnadoodle. She helps Bear draw out a short squiggle.] "Good job, Bear. You wrote your name!" said BigM. Let's let Duck have a turn! "Yay," said Duck. "This is fun," said everyone.

I think she'll either be a teacher or a writer. Today anyway. Yesterday she wanted to be a dentist, just like DM.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey, she could teach dentistry!